Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mirth Announcement

Once you lose your laughter, it is a slippery slope down to bottoming burnout. So, in light of spring forgetting to arrive, let's crank the hilarity to eleven and pull off the knobs.

In light of (another) bracket defeat by not one, but two girls who have NO CLUE about college basketball, I decided to participate in a bracket that I could win - one that I put together. Below, you will find the preview bracket for a month's worth of mirth - culled from the finest You Tube has to offer. You, faithful reader (and casual passerby who stumbles here) will have a chance to measure the hilarity by casting your vote for one out of the two hilarious videos shown here. The videos are seeded (even though you can't see that) and one will advance from every match up.

Here are the guidelines I used:
1) The videos had to be unintentionally funny. Michael Scott and Andy Samberg will be sitting this one out.
2) The videos had to be clean - which almost disqualified Cassie.
3) When possible, I tried to limit the types of videos. (i.e. I could watch people falling all day). So, limited falling, limited animals, and limited people from Kentucky.

Below, you will find the bracket - voting starts Monday. Any guesses on the winner?




11 comments:

Eric said...

This post is pure genius! While "I Like Turtles" and "Kentucky Turtleman" make me laugh my @*$ off every time, it is hard to top the "Alabama Leprechaun." I can't wait to follow this bracket. May be better than March Madness!

Jason said...

I know man - Alabama Leprechaun is the number one seed. Don't underestimate Blazin' Denny Hazen, Tyrone, Charlie Bit Me, or Cassie and the Monster, though! Anyone of those can take it.

Potential Charlie vs. Cassie in the second round is going to be epic.

Kickert said...

I am so in!!!

Jennifer Coomer said...

Oh man. I'm just remembering how funny "Charlie Bit Me" is. I've not watched it in awhile.

I like turtles.

Kickert said...

I got my money on cassie.

Kickert said...

I think we need a play-in game for "Bizki The Sleepwalking dog"

Kelly Lawson said...

This idea is AWESOME. Best idea ever.

P.S. Sorry I beat you in the bracket.

But also, i WON the VUMC staff bracket. Maybe I know something afterall...

Tony said...

Grape stomp is by far my favorite because of the weird noise she makes aafter the fall and because of the newscasters who are at a loss.

I like turtles is a close second.

Hannah likes Charlie.

Jason said...

Grape Stomp vs. Charlie right next to Cassie will be epic. Cassie is the 3 seed.

I am glad other people like "I Like Turtles." Dana thinks it is the dumbest video ever.

Here are my predicted final four:
1) Alabama Leprechaun
2) I Like Turtles
3) Cassie (after a throwdown with Charlie)
4) Whistle Tips

from there - I think it's anybody's game
4)

JD said...

i think your final 4 predictions are right... or at least close.

can't wait to help out with this on monday.

woo wee!

Kelly Eckert said...

It is truly difficult to choose every time I vote. Even though Jesus IS my friend...I had not discovered this amazing video until today...OR Average Homeboy until the other day...I am officially enlightened.

p.s. This is THE highlight of my computer time each day. I'm pulling for 'I like turtles', whistle tips, and my fellow Alabamian's leprechaun.