Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mourning

"I had already hit the wall, and this is the ton of bricks that was on top of the wall that I am now buried under."

Jason to Dana, Sunday night, 8:34 CST, after learning Stockton had body slammed the laptop.

I have learned many things as a father. And this week, I am learning forgiveness. My beloved baby boy, all 29 pounds of him, pulled the laptop off an end table, potentially destroying the hard drive and all that resided on it. (I say potentially because there is but one thing left to try and because I am in denial.) As of now, pictures and videos of Stockton's first year of life and a TOME of seminary material are lost somewhere between the dented whoseywhatsit and the jammed thingamajig.

One day we might look back on this and laugh, but not today friends. Not tomorrow either.


Probably not Monday either.

4 comments:

jeremiah said...

I really wish this was an April fools joke, I really do. I'm not laughing with you bro...so incredibly sorry.

Jennifer Coomer said...

If you read your labels without commas it looks like you wrote "STOCKTON SUCKS".

I'm sorry friend.

Something like this recently happened to me and I lost a lot of music files. Songs & albums that I had *purchased* (that's paid money for) from iTunes (not all of which were on my iPod or had been transferred to disc). Only the perpetrator was not a child. It was my 65-year-old father.

Tony said...

Is it ok if I laugh? I haven't but Debbi did...and still is.

Jason said...

I don't think Stockton sucks, I think the situation that he caused does. Maybe some deep theology in there, but I am too depressed to tease it out :).


Tony, one day I will laugh.