Monday, August 4, 2008

Death of an Icon

At midnight last night, an icon in my life passed away. This icon was there through every class at seminary, during the best and the worst of times in life and in ministry. I double-clicked this icon every single day, often several times a day, and connected to the Asbury community and the love and scholarship therein. Today, there is a hole between "My Documents" and "Microsoft Word" where FirstClass used to be.

First Class was a one-stop shop for all things Asbury and where I would immediately go during a lull in the day. Pull up your rocking chair, put in your dentures, bust out your spectacles, squint, and say it with me, "I will miss you First Class. I will miss your easy-to-use interface, and the ability to check the history of sent e-mails."

Sad day.

4 comments:

Eric said...

head down in a moment of silence...

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

I am sad with you. I miss First Class and all its goodness.

jeremiah said...

this is hilarious and beautifully written...love the part about the space missing between the other icons - pathetic and gripping, simultaneously...how do you do it bro?

jeremiah said...

kelly just found this in the annals of the TLM archives and sent me the link- we both agree it is one of the best blogpost titles EVER. so great, still so pathetic, but so hilarious.

pouring out some red bull right now for First Class...