Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Four Ever


Last Thursday, I celebrated four years of marriage with my lover and my friend, Dana. We visited the exact location of our first encounter and christened it with our favorite college-age food (Mariah's club sandwiches and sweet potatoes), four years of highs and lows, and lots of kisses and laughter. (Not laughter because of the kisses). The first time we met, I remarked about "the hot girl over there", on Thursday, and for the past 1000 Thursdays, I've been able to refer to her as "my beautiful wife".

I have attempted many times to wrap words around Dana, and only succeed in wanting to wrap my arms around her. She is perfect. If she were a television station, she would be CNN, HGTV, the Fashion Network, and Court TV all rolled into one - and I would watch her and only her forever.

She makes the Dana face and grumbles when I call her "wife" but I just smile. There is only one woman in the world that I can call "wife", and I am proud and privileged that she is it.

2 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Congratulations, you guys. I am so glad you are a team and I am honored to call you friends.

KL

Tony said...

Congrats on the anniversery!

Stockton is rockin' that sweater vest!