Monday, September 15, 2008

What is Church?

How much ink has been spilled to attempt to define the church? How do you define the chemistry between lovers? The euphoria of understanding and embrace? Have we considered this - the very nature of the church is undefinable - finding its rhythm in art and poetry?

My favorite painting is "The Dance of Youth" by Pablo Picasso. For me, it is a summary of what church should be. A joyous dance centered on the Triune God.



Sometimes art explains life better than our attempts to quantify it.

I'm hoping you'll catch the rhythm with me.

3 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I think that painting...wow...YES.

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

I hadn't seen that painting before. You are absolutely right.

Eric said...

I love that picture and I'm also understanding the importance of art in conversation. Sometimes it does say more than we can ever say with words.