Monday, August 27, 2007

When Dragons Roamed the Earth

The past few Sunday nights, I have been walking my youth through the biblical narrative and hitting all of the high points - the goal being that when kids hear a scripture or a story they will be able to not only appreciate it but place it in its proper context within God's redemptive activity throughout history. Tonight was "Redemption Initiated through Israel" - dealing specifically with the Old Testament. Here's an actual quote (from a kid who is a great kid who has grown up in church all his life) from our small group discussion.

Me: "If a person came up to you and asked you to summarize the Old Testament, what would you say to them?"
Youth: "I would say that the Old Testament was when dragons roamed the earth and wizards were slain."

He said he was joking, but I am not so sure... :)

1 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

That is probably one of the best answers I've ever heard.