Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thoughts on three

Three years ago yesterday, underneath a painted-pink sky, I held my best friend’s hand, looked her in the eye, and climbed over the lump in my throat to tell her “I do.” It seems like we just got married yesterday…but so much has happened since yesterday. I get more chill bumps looking into those baby blues than I got when I first spotted the brunette-bandit that stole my heart. To celebrate our anniversary, we went through the drive through at Burger King – here’s a brief sampling of some of the more exciting adventures we’ve shared.

- hearing Stockton’s heartbeat / seeing the ultrasound

- road trip to Mississippi

- our first (last) yardsale

- second anniversary splurge at Le Dauville (so good…)

- Salt Lake City trip to see the Jazz (fifth row! Picture with Jerry Sloan! Stood on the court! Three at the buzzer!! Overtime!! Win!)

- The mouse….(“um….there’s a mouse.” “ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshkillitnowkillitnowkillitNOW!”)

- Political / theological / cultural / everything-al debates on road trips

- Wheel of Fortune (“We are NEVER playing this game AGAIN.”)

- Dana’s screaming at my intramural basketball team to “REEEEEEBOUND! BOX OUT!”

I hesitate to call them adventures – because they have been blessings. I cannot wait to see the incredible ways God will continue to bless us – especially as “we” becomes three.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Blessings on your three! Look forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

You guys are just great. We really miss you (okay, that's not anything new). Congrats on 3 years.