Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sabbath

Holy Buckets! For the two of you that haven't entirely given up on this blog - let me attempt to reward your constant checking for updates. It has been a shot-out-of-a-cannon month. You remember those cartoons where the character takes off and leaves part of himself behind...and then it takes off and catches up? I feel like my mind is just now catching up. Let me catch you up.

July 1 - 7 in Wilmore for John Wesley Theology class (work due by July 31st)


July 8 - 14 in Pearlington, MS for Senior High Mission trip (as one of my youth put it - fun, but hot and lots of bugs)

July 15 - Ultrasound with Dana - results have been posted here for like a year now

July 16 - 21 Catch up on all of the work at Broadway that wasn't done the previous week

July 22 - 25 Mission Week in Bowling Green, KY (doing mission work in the community and spending the night in the (little nasty) youth house)

July 26-30 Read all the John Wesley theology that had bene put off until the end of the month.

July 31 - Take John Wesley test and turn it in (Thanks to Kelly for being awesome and turning it in for me!!)

August 1 - Today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I have attempted to give you every excuse as to why you have been staring at my baby boy for the past month, let me tell you what has been happening. I am the luckiest dude in the world. You disagree? I will fight you. Here's the deal, I get to see God work in and through amazing young people. In Mississippi, it was not only nappy hot, but there was swimmy humidity. You sweat when you stepped outside. You sweat when you laid down to go to sleep at night. You sweat as soon as you got out of the shower. We were outnumbered by mosquitos 7853 to 1, the food was a little craptastic, but the kids totally macked it. Despite me just complaining just now, the youth did not complain once.

What did I learn? God doesn't need me to have every answer or an exact schedule to work. With willing hearts and an open mind, we found work, met some amazing people and felt the amazing presence of the Holy Spirit. Enjoy these pics.



The group with Miss Josephine. Josephine stayed through Katrina while working in a nursing home. Josephine and her partner were living in this trailer that was a doctor's office that had been left after the storm. The place was heavily damaged. We redid the siding, spackled, sanded, painted, cleaned, and generally helped her and her husband put the house back together.





and we danced a little bit too :)














I'm going for some sabbath rest now. You should pray that it is awesome.

0 comments: