Monday, July 21, 2008

I like my milk in a mug.

This evening, Dana reminded me that she didn't like it when I drank out of a mug, rather than the plethora of glasses we have. After nearly four years of marriage, she still did not know I prefer my milk in a mug - something about the handle and the thick porcelain make milk even more delicious. (Real milk - not nasty soy milk. blech) Here are some other things I'm not sure Dana (or anyone else knows) about me.

- I have only purchased one hat in my life. A navy blue Gonzaga hat that was a dual homage to John Stockton and this guy.

- Over the course of my life, I have wanted to earn my living being a veterinarian, a fighter pilot, and a high school English teacher. I kind of wanted to be in the NBA, but knew early on that wasn't going to happen.

- I think black licorice is the devil. There is nothing nastier.

- When I eat Starburst, possibly my favorite candy, I suck on it and let it get soft before chewing it up. My favorite type of candy is gummi though - gummi bears, worms, pterodactyls - whatever.

- I own more Stephen King books than any other author. Not sure I wanted to admit that - but horror aside, he really is a tremendous story teller.

- I am terrified of spiders.

- When I was younger, I was scared a burglar would break into my home through my window - so I made my brother sleep closer to the window so said burglar would kill him. In the process of killing him, I was sure I would wake up, and be able to run.

- I have never owned a pair of Air Jordans. I did rock the Reebok Pumps though. (The best part was letting the air OUT - pssssssssssss)

- I made up a dance called "the flea". And have performed it on several occasions - only for Dana though!

- I think people falling down is, for some reason, ridiculously hilarious. (I really honestly try not to laugh...but I am laughing right now typing this.)

- I am a cover guy when I am sleeping. Even when it is super hot, I need some covers.

- I would rather smell poop than the spray air freshener people use to cover it up.

- I was on the quick recall team in elementary and middle school. I started my forth and fifth grade year. (Bzzzz - Aburndale, Brown.)

7 comments:

jeremiah said...

this is your best post in a long time my man.
"the flea" - GOTTA see it.
"people falling down" - couldnt not belly laugh when i was reading that part

I owned the black and white Pumps with the basketball pump in the tongue - classic of all classics.

Give soy milk a chance some time...just not with cookies or brownies.

Jennifer Coomer said...

I laughed at just reading about you thinking people falling down is funny. And then I laughed more at you laughing at typing it. In movies I love it when people fall down or fall off things. Like when Julia Roberts falls off the bed in My Best Friend's Wedding...hilarious. You should come hang out at my house - my dad falls down a lot. Although some people may not find that funny.

Jason said...

Jennifer - it's not funny when people I know fall down! Just when random people fall down. (Again, I am laughing typing it)

Brandon said...

Milk in a Mug is THE ONLY way to go. Tell her to get off your back. lol. Loved the post. I know more about you that I probably should know however.

Jason said...

Jeremiah - Soy milk tastes like watered down delicious milk. Or milk-flavored water.


Brandon - thanks for the mug support.

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

1. WELCOME BACK! We've missed TLM!

2. I do NOT like milk in a mug. I hate it in a mug, actually. Always have. In fact, on a list of "What you may not know about Kelly", this would be an item of interest I might include. Milk in a mug weirds me out.

3. Starburst ruined my day today. I ate a few while at work at the V, and subsequently lost a crown! The problem? My dentist is my father-in-law, and he lives in TEXAS. Because my dentist is my father-in-law, I feel I have no need for dental insurance. So finding a dentist here is going to be crappy. And expensive. I haven't paid for dental work in 5 years.

4. Yes. We HAVE to see the flea!!! In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what Eisley wants for her birthday-- to see Uncle Jason perform the flea!

5. Does your brother read your blog?

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

P.S. The only thing worse than milk in a mug is water in a mug.