Friday, September 7, 2007

Ruh - Ruh - Random; I'm just blogging about the things that come to my head

I am so super stoked about an upcoming program in the youth ministry that I can hardly contain myself. "i heART Jesus" is an organic conversation between scriptures and the arts. It will allow artistically inclined students to explore their giftedness through painting, music, drama, and writing. Students will be connected to adults who will guide them through the artistic process. The program will be capped off with a show at the beginning of November where students can display their work. You should pray about this.

I started school this past Tuesday. I have been blessed to have a class with some of my most spectacular friends in all the land. For the first time of my schoolin' career, I felt totally uneasy and not excited at all. As soon as West-Texas-bred Steve Martyn said "I jus' want to blesssss youu" in his down-home Texas drawl, the excitement juice started pumping again. It peaked when, during convocation (opening chapel) Bill Goold, (whose voice is what I always pretended God's sounded like) busted out the two Asbury fight songs (not really fight songs as much as trademark hymns) and ol' Ellsworth gave a halftime-worthy message.

Why does the NFL have Kelly Clarkson and Faith Hill kicking off the season? Are they trying to appeal to the middle-aged women demographic? I understand I am on my way out of the cool 18-25 male demographic, but Faith Hill especially looked out of place. "This Kiss" indeed.

I like Whoopi Goldberg alot. I hope she doesn't pull a "Rosie" on The View.

On Facebook, there are several "One Million Strong Against Hillary" and "I will leave the country if Hillary is elected" groups. Why such vitriol? Because she didn't divorce Bill? Because she actually attempted to be a first lady that did more than host tea-parties and easter egg hunts? I'm not necessarily a huge Hillary guy, I'm just wondering why everyone hates her so much.

My little boy is getting big inside of my wife's belly. Every time the little man kicks her belly, he moves my heart.


(ok, that was a little Hallmark-card-sappy)


(but I don't take it back)

5 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

SUPER-sappy. But super-sweet.

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

for the love.

write something, okay? Write about The Office. Or high-quality chicken pot pie. or high-quality chocolate cake. Or the 1992 power point graphics. Or intramural basketball. or dana's hilarity. any of the above will do, my friend!

Beer me a break.

jeremiah said...

yeah, i second that, dang!

whats the problem with this -
Jeremiah and Jason have written the same amount in the months of September

AND

Jeremiah only started this past week!

I wanna hear a commentary on some Heroscape dates bro!

Tony said...

Update dog. I need me some Brown info.

Anonymous said...

Please update!!