Thursday, October 4, 2007

Great Day

Put away your torches and pitchforks (all four of you). Sorry for the HUUUUUGE delay in updating. I feel like I spend most of the week "catching up." One week I'll be a good husband, but a terrible student; the next week I will be an exceptional student, but a horrible husband; finally, when I get it all figured out, I realized I have neither updated my blog nor showered for the past five (or 20!) days. (I have showered during this time period.) I'll spare you the high quality hilarity of the past few weeks and leave the laughter for a later date. Suffice it to say I had the most embarrassing moment of my life followed almost immediately by a more oh-no-please-no moment. Plus we have THE MOST amazing friends and family ever. Each of them need their own trading card to explore the statistical awesomeness. Not today though - that's just a taste for later.

Flip the switch to the present day.

Today was an amazing day. I had my first performance review at my new job. This one went alot better than the last one.

Later, our extended family came to visit on their way through Kentucky. Tony, Debbie, Sam, Madison, and Hannah Grace Akers rolled through and ate delicious food (my wife is the bionic woman - not in that "cold as steel" way, but in that awesome "can do everything" way) and shared life. Tony and Debbie gave me my awesome training, Sam can do a spot-on impersonation of Captain Jack Sparrow (and I can pick him up), Maddi is taller than me, and Hannah is potentially the second cutest baby ever. (The first TBA sometime in November).

Changing table is ready. Crib is up. All they need is a baby - and he is doing DDR in Dana's belly. But he is in need of a middle name. Stockton _________ Go for it peeps.

(I promise it won't take as long for the next update.)

9 comments:

Tony said...

The masses are so pleased with your blogging morsels.

Thanks for the hospitality. It was great to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

About that name for the baby, what's your middle name?, Dana's maiden name? Has there been a name passed from one generation to the other? Borrow a name from someone else, is there a youth that you love their name? I'm sure you have plenty of folks offering their opinions.

Anonymous said...

my middle name = Thomas
Dana = Marie / Beasley (maiden name)
name passed generation = quality (not really)

all the youth are offering their first names (Stockton Sarah just doesn't work) I'm digging Stockton Isaiah (the prophet, not the point guard) but Dana says meh.

Tony said...

Duffy

Anonymous said...

Beavis

Anonymous said...

Thomas is a great name! Stockton Thomas Brown. I like it.

Anonymous said...

yeah - Stockton Thomas isn't bad, but the "n" running into the "t" i'm not a fan of
by the way - who are you?

Eric said...

Malone

Anonymous said...

if Malone hadn't choked away the 98 finals by missing key free throws and then allowing MJ to steal the ball in the waning seconds - leading to "the shot" - Malone would be the easy answer :)