Monday, July 2, 2007

Don't Call it a Comeback....

Dana and I rolled up to the administration building of Asbury Theological Seminary at 12:58pm eastern standard time - just in time for me to jet up three flights of stairs in time for my 1:00 class. We are in Wilmore for this week (until Saturday) in order for me to become an expert on the theology of John Wesley.

It is weird to be in Wilmore and not call it home. The Subway that I kept in business is still there (Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki baby!) The Fitch's IGA is still here (you can only use your card if you're purchase is over 5 bucks - so I've picked up alot of stuff I didn't necessarily need just so I could use the card) but it is still different.

I don't handle change well. I started walking toward Apartment 10 as soon as I got done with class today, getting excited about playing a round of Playstation (not that I did that all the time, wink wink) but then I realized, my Playstation wasn't there. Apartment 10 is still there, the Marsh's still live across the hall, you can probably still here Lamech yelling at his Wii, but everyone is settling into a new normal - with Dana and I in BG. (well - not everyone, but some)

Other thoughts on the new normal -

- not everyone is here (paging Jeremiah and Lindsay...*sadface*)
- stinks when you can't run back to your crib for a bite during the breaks (how many times can you read the cartoons outside of professors' doors??)
- excited about 4th of July festivities....I talked to an ATF agent (!) to make sure my activities were legal (I will try to post some pics)
- question that has nothing to do with this post: am I a nerd because I requested friends with someone who plays for the Jazz? technically we met when I asked him for his autograph

Have a good 4th!

1 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

an ATF agent??? What?! How was your class?