Saturday, June 2, 2007

Moving Day....er....Moving Weekend

Let me first appologize for the lack of recent updates. I have spent the last couple of days letting the love of my posse percolate as much as possible. (Lame comment alert) What an incredible blessing it has been to live in the Asbury community with so many quality people.

I'm not sure I can string a coherent paragraph together (at least one you want to read), so here's some quick thoughts on moving.

1) Loading the U-Haul truck is life size Tetris. We kept loading and loading and waiting for that long straight line to drop. Luckily, we got it. Who said video games didn't influence you and/or make a positive impact on your life? Everybody say it with me - do, do-do-do, do, do, do, do, do dee, do, do. Lamech, AnneMarie, and Jeremiah sang it with me :)

2) There is a reason the makers of EZ Off (oven cleaner) tell you to wear long gloves. It makes your skin BURN and BUBBLE. And it hurts. Bad.

3) Furnishing the new crib in Target today overheard this conversation:
Big Brother (as mom was walking into the door): Who's that walking the door?
Little Sister: Mommy.
Big Brother: No. That's my mommy. You were abandoned...........You were abandoned.
(if you want to hear it - it's even better!! - call Dana!!)

4) The new crib is very spacious and nice. Very homey. I have a "man bathroom"! Best part? Basketball goal in the back. 8/10 on the first go-round baby.

5) Wierd sleeping in a new place. When does it become "home"?

6) I have killed 304 spiders. Wait. 305.

7) We don't get Fox. Because Fox was the only channel we got consistently in the Bettie, all my shows are on Fox. We do get NBC crystal clear - yeah Office! - but what about American Idol, the People's Court, and most importantly Nanny 911?!

8) After watching my wife clean / work for the past four days, I have come to an important realization. Dana is a robot.

9) Driving the U-Haul is more scary than manly. You can't go fast and every single tractor / truck / tractor-trailer is about to hit you.

10) Sitting in the U-Haul truck at a red light, and one of the Broadway youth sees me and yells "Jason!! Hey!!" Made me smile.

11) Jazz season ended this week. I was sad, but it was offset by the quality of the week and the fact that they got as far as they did.

12) Stuff gets lost easily moving. I have no idea where some of my stuff is. So, I'm going to find stuff.

Be blessed!

3 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

We can't wait to see your new place tomorrow! And though we're looking forward to that, we are NOT looking forward to the 24,000 hour drive. (Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. See you soon.

Tony said...

You weenie. When you have moved 14 times in 16 years you can whine and complain. Now get off your butt and help your wife.

Debbi said this. She also thinks you are very funny.

She would also respond if you allowed anonymous comments.

Peace and out.

t

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

We loved seeing your new place! It IS very homey, very spacious, and you have a lovely patio/backyard.

Thanks for the incredible feast. Let's see, it's almost been a week since we've seen you guys. We'll have to do something about that soon.