Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back to the land of the living

One marathon all-nighter later (with a couple of YouTube binges with a quality brodie in-between) and the J-Train has wrapped up his 3rd year at THE Asbury Theological Seminary. You may ask yourself, did he just refer to himself in the third person, with a nickname? Yes, he did. This lame-o reference brought to you by not enough sleep this week. I'm going to be generous and call it fifteen hours in the past three days. So, before I head off to the fortress of solitude in preparation for a quality-filled evening (re: Heroscape, The Office, Delicious food with my baby), let me hit the reflective gear.

What a crrrrrrrazy semester.
In this order: resigned one job, took 13 hours, discovered pregnancy, accepted new job, started new job (which requires mo' better travel), got new place, cavi messed up (story later), fixed cavi, wrote 462 papers (10 pages each) and here I am.

Here's some craziness left on the horizon: move out, move in.

I want to tell you something else too. I am TREMENDOUSLY blessed. I could count all day - and I will one day - but not today.

Here's a brief sample

1) I have the most beautiful, amazing, moxie-filled wife in the history of western civilaztion. You don't believe me? Check the stats,yo. Yep, that's the mother of my child. Yep, I get to kiss her every day.

2) I have ridiculous friends. I think of my friends and then I'm like...really? Special props for the Awesome Lawsons - who let me watch the Jazz close-out the Warriors. Special props for the Quality Kickerts for letting me sleep, eat, bathe, and live at their place. Above and way beyond.

3) Last - I get to hang out with some absolute GIANTS. These folks deserve their own entry.

4) I am going to be a father. I am ri-donk-ulous excited. My family is excited. Dana's family is excited. Um...can I think of another word than excited...not on no sleep.

May you be blessed abundantly. I'm off to sleep.

Peace out, Seacrest.

1 comments:

jeremiah said...

Yep, you guessed it. Rather than getting back to my paper crafting paper immediately i am checking your "I'm free!" post.
Who's the quality brodie?
Link is broken.
*Michael Scott smirk when he asks Jim to check email for the forward about "Top 100 signs that Michael Jackson might be your priest"*


Proud of you bro, you earned your favorite word this semester.

I'm out like Stephen Jackson's 9 in an angry mob...