Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Robe-Man-Tic


As I sit on my living floor typing this particular blog entry, I am enjoying sipping a mug of hot chocolate sitting in my terry-cloth robe. Despite what others may tell you, wearing a robe in no way denigrates your manhood. In fact, wearing a robe puts you in good company, including:

Jesus, the Son of God, the Savior, the model of life (it would stand to reason that since Jesus wore a robe, God also wears a robe. Also, if Jesus was wearing a robe when he left, will he be wearing one when he comes back? Will I get to skip to the front of the line if I am wearing my robe? Won't I have an awesome conversation piece with Jesus upon His return? We can talk brands, materials, how heterosexual it is to wear a robe, etc.)
Paul, the man who spread the news of the Gospel
The Disciples
The Prophets
Kings (including Kind David, and King Solomon - the wisest man who ever lived wears robes!)
Various monks, priests, philosophers, and intellectuals

Further, donning a robe is often done on special occasions, so wearing a robe allows you to remember and recall the following special occasions:

Graduation / Commencement
Baptism

Finally, robes not only provide comfort, but also convenience. Most robes have pockets to hold books, pens, notebooks, and other intellectual paraphernalia. Gym shorts and t-shirts do not allow for carrying any of these things comfortably.

Thus, robe wearing has a celebrated and manly history.

4 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

This is a hilarious post. Men in my family always wore robes. I did not think that made them gay. I thought it was normal.

Billy is not a robe-wearer. But it's okay. He's still super-manly.

Jason said...

Kelly, thank you for sharing your manly experience with robes.

I will get a robe for Billy. His robe would be SUPER MANLY with his ferocious winter beard.

tonyakers said...

Failed to mention the Klan.

Jason said...

Sheets with pointy hats are not the same as robes. Plus, I am not calling myself grand dragon wizard or something like that.


Also, I like rap music and the NBA.