Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby


When I was younger, I wanted to marry She-Ra. She was beautiful and she took on the bad guys alongside He-Man. I think (hope) I realized that the She-Ra was not real and therefore, my chances of actually marrying her were slim to none.

In fact, She-Ra does exist, and she is my wife.

I know of no other woman that can go through 38 hours of labor and be beautiful on the other end. There is no other woman that single-handedly balances baby poop and national public policy. She is a hot, hilarious heroine who takes on anybody that would take advantage of anyone else. She is smart and articulate, and can change the brakes on the car while stopping traffic in high heels.

She is not only my wife, but my teacher, my best-friend, my clothing-picker, and my hair-stylist. She is my hero and I am privileged to get to share life with her. True to form, she is testifying to the Kentucky Committee on Economic Policy today...with Stockton in tow.

Happy Birthday, Baby. I love you.

5 comments:

jeremiah said...

AWESOME post bro, very true!
Economic justice deliverer, defender of the oppressed, and stinkin awesome at Guitar Hero AND Rock Band - complete package fo sho.

she somethin else, aint she?
(that was meant to be read in your native dialect)

Happy Bday to DBB.
or if you're one of the few first season fans, "Happy BIRDday."

Jennifer Coomer said...

Wow. I just teared up a little bit. Beautiful ...

Anonymous said...

Perfect job describing Dana! Happy Birthday Dana Dear!

Lindsay Aja

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dana! You are beautiful ... even without sleep! The Akers' family loves you and can not wait to see you guys soon.
Debbi

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Jason, this is a great post!!! You've described Dana absolutely perfectly! We're so honored to call you guys friends.

K